Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bunkbeds for dogs???? and 1 more

One of the fun things about my job is scouting for pet items and a non pet item jumps out at me and sez " I could be a pet________!" Cashiers at one of my regular haunts ask "What dog thing is this going to be this time?"

This bunk bed is a great addition to a multi dog or dog/cat home. I have found that dogs nest more together when elevated, which means they take up less floor space! Here they can nap on the lower bunk or underneath and food, toy and blankie storage goes on top bunk. This makes for a very organized pet area. 150.00 at Pet Stuff Resale(google to see bunkbed prices, wow!)-some delivery available

 I have also used a bunk bed frame only for cats and they LOVE to climb as well as scratch, keeping them off my wooden bed headboard.

The correct terminology is "repurposing". I just call it fun! It also adds to part of my mission to recycle whatever can be given another use.

This  dog/cat hidey(very small dogs/cats) was picked up by my pet stuff shopper Nancy. I am not sure I would have picked up on its possibilities.
Thanks to CAP thrift store volunteer Sandra who knew its original purpose;
from IKEA, it's for little boys rooms to store toy trucks and the like, hung from the loop. The neat thing for pet owners is that the whole back(or base now) is velcroed on, so easy to remove for cleaning. 3.00 at Pet Stuff Resale

No comments: